Parks & Recreation
Searching for ways to stay active? Flip through our virtual Spring Program Guide. Resident registration starts April 15! Due to COVID-19, this season our offerings are primarily listed online.
Please note the following:
- The summer program guide will NOT be sent by mail.
- All programming will adhere to CDC, State and local guidelines. Below are our health and safety protocols.
- We will update our virtual guide on a weekly basis to provide you the most current information.
- You will continue to register for classes via Rec 1 and we also welcome phone enrollments as well as in-person registration at 750 Lakeside Dr.
- April 15: Resident registration begins
- April 22: Non-resident registration begins
It’s important to stay informed on COVID-19 by the experts. The City of East Grand Rapids will follow the direction of the Kent County Health Department and the State of Michigan. We encourage everyone to educate themselves on the virus and how to protect you and your family from these non-biased and reliable resources. The KCHD provides helpful and accurate information including videos, tips and answers to FAQs, as well as helpful links to the CDC and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. The MDHHS has also set up a hotline for citizens with questions at 888-535-6136 (8 am to 5 pm daily).
About the Department The East Grand Rapids Parks & Recreation Department is committed to providing enrichment, educational and sports programming for all ages – from young children to senior adults – to promote healthy lifestyles, family interaction and a sense of community. Our programs – open to all residents and non-residents – challenge minds and bodies, allowing participants to express their creativity, form new bonds of friendship and create memories that will last a lifetime.
The City has a lively and spirited appreciation of recreation and healthy lifestyles, and as such we offer special events throughout the year, including the Reeds Lake Run, Rhoades McKee Reeds Lake Triathlon/Duathlon, Spectrum Health Fourth of July Celebration, Sweet Heart Dance and many others.
The beauty of the City’s parks is anchored by the passionate devotion to active recreation that has energized our community from its very beginning.
Cancellation and Refund Procedures
Online Bill Payment
Community Park, Recreation, Open Space and Greenway Plan