- Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation
Searching for ways to stay active? Flip through our virtual Program Guide. We continue to primarily list our offerings online.
Please note the following:
- The program guide will NOT be sent by mail.
- All programming will adhere to CDC, State and local guidelines. Below are our health and safety protocols.
- We will update our virtual guide on a regular basis to provide you the most current information.
- You will continue to register for classes via Rec 1 and we also welcome phone enrollments as well as in-person registration at 750 Lakeside Dr.
- Jan. 12: Resident registration begins for spring Programs
- Jan. 19: Nonresident registration begins for spring Programs
About the Department
The East Grand Rapids Parks & Recreation Department is committed to providing enrichment, educational and sports programming for all ages – from young children to senior adults – to promote healthy lifestyles, family interaction and a sense of community. Our programs – open to all residents and non-residents – challenge minds and bodies, allowing participants to express their creativity, form new bonds of friendship and create memories that will last a lifetime.
The City has a lively and spirited appreciation of recreation and healthy lifestyles, and as such we offer special events throughout the year, including the Reeds Lake Run, RhoadesMcKee Reeds Lake Triathlon/Duathlon, Spectrum Health Fourth of July Celebration, Sweet Heart Dance and many others.
Scan QR code below with your phone camera to access Google Maps of trails and amenities in East Grand Rapids.
The beauty of the City’s parks is anchored by the passionate devotion to active recreation that has energized our community from its very beginning.
Cancellation and Refund Procedures
Online Bill Payment
Community Park, Recreation, Open Space and Greenway Plan