Animal Control

About Animal Control

  • Domestic Animals - East Grand Rapids is serviced by Kent County Animal Control. Contact them at 616-632-7300 if you capture a stray dog or cat. A trained animal control officer will respond as soon as possible. They can also answer questions regarding lost or stray domestic animals. To file a complaint about a barking dog, call Public Safety at 616-949-7010, when the dog is barking. 
  • Vicious Animals - To report a vicious dog or dog bite, call 9-1-1 and a public safety officer will respond. 
  • Wild Animals - For problems with non-domestic animals, such as skunks, raccoons, woodchucks, etc., please call a licensed pest control professional.