Right of Way

Right of Way Permits

Generally, the public right of way includes all city streets, alleys, sidewalks, and out-lawn / terrace areas between the sidewalk and edge of street. Any work performed in the public right of way which may require an excavation requires a permit. This may include construction of a new driveway approach, placement, or repair of private utility laterals. These laterals include sanitary or storm sewers, placement and repair of private utilities such as telephone lines, gas mains, and services, and underground or overhead electric lines. 

An application for a right of way permit can be obtained from the Public Works Administration Office located at City Hall or by clicking the link below.  Once issued, the public works engineering staff inspects the permit activity to insure the public right of way is maintained in a safe condition for the general public as well and to insure the right of way is restored properly. 

Placement of landscape plants or irrigation systems in the out lawn or terrace area does not require a right of way permit. 

Click on the link below