Blodgett Hospital Construction
Update: The Planning Commission recommended approval of Spectrum Health’s Blodgett Hospital site plan revision at their January 14th meeting. The revised site plan will be heard by the City Commission at their March 16th meeting.
To keep up to date on meeting materials, please find agenda packet materials for both the Planning and City Commission here.
For complaints or any information regarding Spectrum Health’s ongoing Blodgett Hospital parking and way-finding construction project, please contact Tom Theoret at Spectrum Health. His phone number is (616) 460-2793, and his email is BlodgettNeighbors@spectrumhealth.org.
Bi-weekly updates can be found on this Facebook group created by Spectrum Health: https://www.facebook.com/groups/202821376989799/
Site Plan Approval Conditions:
- Limit hours and days for construction, as noted in the letter (presentation) from Spectrum Health (7am-6pm weekdays, Saturdays as needed);
- Restrict routes for construction traffic to designated major streets (Wealthy Street, Plymouth Road, and Lake Drive);
- Require construction workers to park off-site;
- Require the applicant to provide the name and contact information of an individual to whom complaints can be directed during construction, as noted in the letter (presentation) from Spectrum Health (Tom Theoret, (616) 460-2793, BlodgettNeighbors@spectrumhealth.org);
- Require base-line foundation monitoring of adjacent homes to verify potential construction impacts, as noted in the letter (presentation) from Spectrum Health;
- Require that all comments in the City engineering consultant’s review letter of April 19 be addressed;
- Require installation of gas lights and entry signage harmonious with the character of Gaslight Village, as was illustrated in the applicant’s presentation;
- Monitor and maintain the landscaping to ensure healthy conditions; and
- Require acoustical panels be installed on the back side of the Plymouth Street walls to mitigate the noise from ambulances.