Stay Home, Stay Active
The East Grand Rapids Parks and Recreation Department is working on gathering a few different website suggestions to help you EXPLORE virtual fitness, sport, or educational options, CREATE new personal challenges and continue to PARTICIPATE while staying at home. While we have done our due diligence checking each link and website, please make sure you verify each site and its social image on your own as well. We will continue to Keep Our Community Connected while being at a safe social distance.
Check back as we continue to add to the list!
- Down Dog — Offers HIIT, yoga and barre classes.
- Fitness Blender — Offers a variety of workouts for every fitness level.
- mParks — This website is full of links for all kinds of health, physical, mental and nutritional wellness.
- Champion Force Athletics — Martial arts, cheerleading and more options to train and learn while staying home.
Action & Adventure
- KDL Seek & Find — Get outside and find these EGR locations to earn fun stickers!
- KDL Historical Seek & Find — The whole family will enjoy exploring the City (while maintaining social distancing precautions) to find all these historical spots in EGR. Another opportunity to earn some fun stickers!
- Tips for Helping Older Adults Maintain Good Health at Home — The National Recreation and Parks Association has some ideas to keep you busy and moving.
- Water Safety Tips — Learn how a life jacket should appropriately fit your child and more!
- Longfellow’s WHALE tales Lesson #1 Swim as a Pair Near a Lifeguard’s Chair Video Family lesson plan
- Frederick Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park — Explore the gardens and sculpture park from your home.
- GRAM — Check out all the learning opportunities the GRAM has to offer while at home.
- Creative Baking For Families — This fun website offers creative baking for kids and families.
- Art Institute of Chicago — Create your own journey through the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Busy Toddler — 40 fun activities to keep your toddler busy!