- Boards & Commissions
- Zoning Board of Appeals
Zoning Board of Appeals
Effective January 1, 2022
- 5:30 PM, 4th Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September, and November
This commission has seven regular members, plus two alternates that sit in on cases where regular members are absent or recused. All members have renewable three-year terms. If you are interested in serving on an advisory board, fill out a commission application form and return it to the City Clerk’s Office.
- George Davis, President (appointed 12/2021; ends 6/2025)
- Laura Schwartz, Vice-President, City Commission Liaison (appointed 12/2021; ends 12/2023)
- Andrew Howard, Secretary (appointed 12/2021; ends 6/2025)
- Brittany Carpenter (appointed 12/2021; ends 6/2023)
- David Jackson (appointed 12/2021; ends 6/2024)
- Jonathan Paasch (appointed 7/2022; ends 6/2025)
- Matt Feyen, Planning Commission Liaison (appointed 12/2021; ends 12/2023)
- Stephen Rockwell, alternate (appointed 12/2021; ends 6/2023)
- Robert Zylstra, alternate (appointed 12/2021; ends 6/2024)
The Zoning Board of Appeals hears appeal requests for those wishing to deviate from the standards set forth in the ordinances for zoning requests, fence projects, and signage installations. Click HERE to learn more about the roles and duties of the Zoning Board of Appeals.
The Zoning Board of Appeals operates according to its approved By-Laws and Rules of Procedure.
View Zoning Board of Appeals agendas