It’s important to stay informed on COVID-19 by the experts. The City of East Grand Rapids will follow the direction of the Kent County Health Department and the State of Michigan. We encourage everyone to educate themselves on the virus and how to protect you and your family from these non-biased and reliable resources. The KCHD provides helpful and accurate information including videos, tips and answers to FAQs, as well as helpful links to the CDC and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. The MDHHS has also set up a hotline for citizens with questions at 888-535-6136 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily).
12/10/21 UPDATE: Based on recent CDC, MDHHS and MIOSHA guidance, the City has updated its COVID-19 policy.
Contact the KDL East Grand Rapids Branch for updates and/or visit its website.
WEALTHY & HIGH SCHOOL INDOOR POOLS
Are OPEN with limited scheduling at this time. Please refer to the Parks & Recreation page for pool schedule updates.
INDOOR ORGANIZED SPORTS, RECREATION AND PROGRAMMING
The use of indoor facilities for recreation programming or group gatherings will restart after January 16 with limitations. Contact sports are not allowed at this time based on the current restrictions. Contact the Parks & Recreation Department for additional information at 616-949-1750.
PUBLIC PARK RESTROOMS
EGR public park restrooms are open to the public. Note that these facilities are cleaned once a day and each individual is responsible for using them safely. As is the case each year, as the winter season approaches and temperature decline, restrooms will be closing as these facilities are not heated and the winterization and closure is required to protect pipes from freezing.
Following the direction of the Kent County Health Department, East Grand Rapids playgrounds have been officially reopened to the public. Please note, however, that our playgrounds and recreational facilities are NOT sanitized. We ask all those who make use of the playgrounds and facilities to at a minimum:
- Stay six feet away from others
- Cover your mouth & nose when coughing or sneezing
- Wash or sanitize hands often for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid sharing food, water bottles, utensils or cups
- Stay home if you have flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath or are otherwise unwell
For information regarding our business district, please visit gogaslight.com/covid.
|Public Works Operations||940.4870|
|Public Works Administration||940.4817|
|Parks & Recreation||949.1750|
|EGR KDL Library Branch||784.2007|
While our dropbox is open 24/7, most City payments can be made online at https://www.eastgr.org/274/Pay-For.
Follow us on Facebook to stay updated on the latest COVID-19 information.
- The Public Safety Department and Public works Department are still at full staffing and taking precautions as directed by their job duties. As always, dial 911 if you have a police, fire or medical emergency, or if you need immediate assistance due to a water or sewer emergency. Call 949-7010 for non-emergency requests.
- We encourage residents to use our 24/7 dropbox at our main entrance and to use online systems and payments where possible. Most city payments can be made online at https://www.eastgr.org/274/Pay-For.
- The City will not issue permits for block parties until medium to large gatherings are permitted by state guidelines. Fire trucks will not visit block parties to avoid drawing crowds to the vehicles.
- East Grand Rapids parks and outdoor athletic facilities remain open at this time; however, citizens must maintain physical distancing of six feet or more and other guidance to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Follow us on Facebook for up-to-date info: https://www.facebook.com/cityofegr/.
- Anyone can report violations/misconduct to the Michigan Attorney General Consumer Complaint Hotline at 877.765.8388 or online at Michigan.gov/agcomplaints. The Kent County Sheriff’s Office handles our dispatching operations. They request that you do not call 9-1-1 to report potential violations so that dispatchers can focus on emergency situations. Please review the information available online at https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISA-Guidance-on-Essential-Critical-Infrastructure-Workers-1-20-508c.pdf and https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98178_98737---,00.html before calling in a potential violation to 632.6357 (non-emergency number).
Thank you for your patience as we work to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
EGR VOLUNTEER COVID-19 TASK FORCE
Do you or someone you know have a specific need and are not sure how to get help? Are you wondering how you can help your community during this difficult time? We now have a resource for you! We have created the EGR Volunteer Task Force to assist our residents in need during the COVID – 19 pandemic. Learn more.