The regularly scheduled meeting of the East Grand Rapids City Commission will take place at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, June 15, 2020 in the City Commission Chambers at City Hall.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and Governor Whitmer’s executive orders asking citizens to stay home and practice social distancing, the City of East Grand Rapids will utilize video conferencing for the June 15 meeting as allowed by Executive Order 2020-75. Several members of the City Commission will participate in the meeting electronically instead of in-person.
Citizens may attend the meeting in person or participate virtually:
View/Download the meeting agenda and background materials to follow along during the meeting.
Livestream Via YouTube:
Watch the meeting only. Can hear and see but cannot participate.
City Commission Virtual Meeting:
- Can see the participants (if using video), hear all of the discussion and public comment from those attending in person and virtually and make comments when allowed.
- If calling in by phone only (1-417-719-7437 PIN: 301 896 033), you can hear all of the discussion and public comment, and you can make comments during the allowed public comment periods. (As with in-person meetings, commenters must share their name and address and keep comments under 3 minutes.)
- Can also use the Google Meet App on mobile devices.
- Those with disabilities may utilize the Michigan Relay System (7-1-1) to participate in the meeting. If other aids or services are needed for individuals with disabilities, contact Karen Brower at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.949.2110 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- We recommend logging in between 5:40 and 5:45 pm to allow time to install applications (if necessary), join the meeting, adjust volume settings, etc. You may need to update your computer browser or your app to make everything work correctly. Please allow enough time. The online meeting will be available beginning at 5:40 pm, but the meeting will not be called to order/started until 6 pm.
- To use closed captioning from a computer browser window, hover your mouse along the bottom of the screen, then click on “Turn Captions On” in the white menu bar that rolls up from the bottom.
- To use closed captioning on a mobile device, touch the CC button along the top of the video once you’ve connected to the meeting.
- Please make sure you are in a quiet area with minimal background noise (children, dogs, TV). A set of headphones with microphone may help but are not necessary.
- If you have a question about one of the agenda items, you may submit it in writing to City Clerk Karen Brower at email@example.com prior to 5 pm on June 15.
Karen K. Brower, City Clerk
Date of Posting: June 10, 2020
Governor Whitmer Executive Order 2020-75 suspending parts of the Open Meetings Act until June 30, 2020. https://www.michigan.gov/documents/coronavirus/EO_2020-75_Emerg_order_-_OMA_-_re-issue_final_signed_689757_7.pdf