My water seems to be discolored, what can I do?
Discolored water can be the result of natural minerals, such as calcium or iron, that accumulate in water pipes. When interrupted by water main flushing or repairs, they can come through your faucets. Flush your system by running cold water at the faucet closest to the incoming water supply for 10 to 20 minutes. If the problem continues, contact Public Works Operations Monday through Friday between 7:00 AM and 3:30 PM at (616) 940-4870.

Show All Answers

1. Something is wrong with my water meter (leaking, loud or not working).
2. I need to have the water to my home turned off by the City, what do I do?
3. I've noticed that my water has an odor, what do I do?
4. How can I obtain a Water Quality Report?
5. The water pressure in my home seems to be low. What can I do?
6. My water seems to be discolored, what can I do?
7. I think I have a water leak. What should I do?
8. Has the water been shut off to this property? (This is a common realtor question.)
9. A storm drain appears to be backed up, what do I do?
10. I would like to drain water from my property the street. What do I do?
11. My sewer is backing up, what do I do?
12. I'm having an issue with my sump pump. What can I do?